SR 9 / I-95 South of Commercial Blvd to North of Cypress Creek Rd PD&E Study
ANNOUNCEMENT OF LOCATION AND DESIGN CONCEPT ACCEPTANCE
SR 9/I-95 from South of SR 870/Commercial Boulevard to North of Cypress Creek Road Project Development and Environment (PD&E) Study Broward County, Florida
Financial Management #: 435808-1-22-02 Efficient Transportation Decision Making (ETDM) #: 14222
On May 16, 2019, the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT), pursuant to 23 U.S.C. § 327 and a Memorandum of Understanding dated December 14, 2016, and executed by FHWA and FDOT, granted Location and Design Concept Acceptance for the SR 9/I-95 from south of SR 870/Commercial Boulevard to north of Cypress Creek Road PD&E Study in Broward County, Florida. The proposed improvements consist of:
• Provide a Collector-Distributor (CD) road system starting at the Cypress Creek Park & Ride southbound on-ramp. The CD road system continues southbound over Commercial Boulevard and merges with the I-95 mainline just north of Powerline Road.
• Reconstruct the North Andrews Bridge over the I-95 mainline.
Commercial Boulevard Interchange
• Additional turn lanes at the I-95 northbound and I-95 southbound off-ramp intersections.
Cypress Creek Road Interchange
• Reconstruct the I-95 northbound to westbound off-ramp to provide a two-lane exit and intersection improvements at its junction with Cypress Creek Road.
• Widen I-95 southbound on-ramp from N. Andrews Avenue to provide an additional lane and tie into the proposed CD road system.
Commercial Boulevard and N. Andrews Avenue Intersection
• Intersection improvements.
• Provide a one lane bridge across N. Andrews Avenue to accommodate Commercial Boulevard westbound traffic to the existing I-95 westbound to southbound flyover on-ramp.
• Convert existing two-lane frontage road located at the northeast quadrant of the intersection to a one lane frontage road in the westbound direction.
• Intersection improvements at Commercial Boulevard and Powerline Road, Cypress Creek Road and N. Andrews Avenue and Cypress Creek Road and NE 7 Avenue.
• Provide seven-foot bicycle lanes along Commercial Boulevard, Cypress Creek road and Powerline Road in both directions.
Additional information is available at www.95CommercialtoCypress.com. This project will now proceed to the next phase of development.
For more information please contact:
Mr. Kenzot Jasmin, PE FDOT
3400 West Commercial Boulevard
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
Contact phone: (954) 777-4462